Monday, July 13, 2009

I bought a website. What can I claim on taxes with my business being at home?

It is a perfume website and I am still in the red. I tried to do this to help my husband out, because I had back surgery and couldn't work outside my home. What can I claim other than my expenses I put in it? Any electricity, computer costs? Things such as that?

I bought a website. What can I claim on taxes with my business being at home?
The website is a startup cost and probably needs to be amortized. it doesn't sound like you have enough income to write off the first $5000 worth.
Reply:Any and all business related expenses.





These must be expenses you've incurred in order to run the business. For instance, if you bought a computer in 02 and the website in 07 clearly the computer was not for the business. So, if you want to claim it you must sell it to the business THEN you can claim it as a business expense. If you use a room in the house as an office you could claim that room's share of the rent/mortgage, same w/ power.





ps. always get an accountant to sign off on your taxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment