Monday, July 13, 2009

Is there a website that will allow me to purchase airfare using multiple credit cards?

I have a visa gift card that won't cover the entire cost. I want t supplement that with a credit card. Any airline or travel website that will allow me to do this?

Is there a website that will allow me to purchase airfare using multiple credit cards?
this is when a travel agent can come in handy


as they can do something like this (although they might charge for doing this)


most airline websites will only allow one credit card


some airlines (at some city ticket offices might be able help you but find a airline city ticket offfice is like finding a needle


in the haystack
Reply:It depends on the site. My recommendation is to try since website policy vary on this. What you are trying to do is called a split tender payment. I suggest that at checkout, use the visa gift card first. If they do accept it, the system will then prompt you to present another form of payment for the balance. At this point, you can present a credit card or debit card to pay for the difference.





Before you use the visa gift card online, call the card issuer and register the card with them (add your name and address to the card) otherwise it may be rejected when you try to use it online.





All the best


No comments:

Post a Comment